It includes word of mouth, referrals from previous models, people responding to ads, and just coming across the studio online. Sometimes people the photographer meets during other activities end up modeling.
If you just model for one photo shoot, I may finish some artworks a few weeks after that. However, if we’re working together over a period of time, I’ll usually wait and see what we produce, sometimes up to a year, before publishing. I’ve had models request to work for me until after college, before I publish anything. The goal is always to only publish our best work.
Models get paid immediately after each photoshoot via Venmo, PayPal, or other app. Your rate of pay will be expressed when you are offered the booking.
- Aaron Knight has been a full-time artist since 2015.
- He has a B.A. degree in Art from Fort Lewis College, Durango Colorado.
- Raised in a family of artists, he visited museums in dozens of countries, and was influenced by art from various cultures.
- Doing photography over fifteen years; he has photographed hundreds of models.
It’s normal to be nervous about new experiences. It’s important to get to know the photographer before a shoot. Most people’s nerves fade away 20 minutes or so into a shoot. There are right and wrong ways to start nude modeling. Like getting into a hot tub, we ease into it, starting with full clothed modeling. Ask to take a break or ask questions any time during a shoot.
- Minimum modeling age is 18
- More than a pretty face: reliable and outgoing person
- Shoulder-length or longer hair
- Body types: slim, athletic, bikini, or runway
- No surgical enhancements
- Reliable transportation
As with any employment opportunity, there are always more applicants than we can hire at one time, so we must choose. We don’t provide feedback or evaluations to applicants that are not selected.
Some models do only one shoot. Others have done 50+ shoots with me. I can’t tell you how good a fit you are for extended shooting until we’ve seen the results of a few shoots.
Models receive competitive pay, higher than art modeling for college art classes. Contact me for up-to-date pay information. You will receive a pay range soon after your inquiry or application.
- Typical modeling shoots are 4-6 hours
- Various factors can influence the duration (setup, cleanup, location, etc.)
- Short breaks are paid, long breaks (e.g. lunch) are not paid.
First, you need to apply. Then, send photos that clearly show what you look like. You may receive a follow up via text, phone, or both. An in-person interview is next (this may be virtual.) After that you may be invited to do a shoot.
I won’t know if you can do a shoot until we meet. To do that, first send a couple of photos and fill in an art modeling application.
Yes! Before you bring someone to the shoot, please let the photographer meet them ahead of time. Keep us informed, before your interview if possible, so we can meet them first. We may also have a female assistant or other model(s) present when you arrive for your shoot. You’ll be the best judge of how you feel most comfortable. Your companion doesn’t need to be in the same room while you’re working.